NEW ORLEANS -- Beginning Wednesday, Dec. 9 and running through Monday, Dec. 14, weather permitting, Entergy New Orleans, Inc. crews will be working on South Galvez Street, from Erato to Poydras streets, as the company continues the technological upgrade to its electric power transmission system. Work on these segments will include crossing Interstate 10.
Multiple Entergy crews with bucket trucks and cranes will conduct work in stages and traffic will be blocked at the site of each steel transmission pole. Here’s a breakdown:
· When "pre-pull" and "post-pull" work is underway, no parking will be allowed on South Galvez and Lafayette streets in the work zones.
· During the critical "pull" work, all automobile, bicycle and pedestrian traffic will be prohibited, and no parking will be allowed on South Galvez and Lafayette in the work zones.
· Southbound traffic on South Galvez should use South Claiborne Avenue.
Beginning Saturday, Dec. 12 and running through Sunday, Dec. 13, Entergy New Orleans crews will be working on transmission lines crossing Interstate 10 at South Galvez. Work on the lines will include short, intermittent closures of I-10 / Pontchartrain Expressway near Kentwood Bottling Company both days from 6-10 a.m.
· Police will stop I-10 / Pontchartrain Expressway traffic in both directions.
· Message boards will alert motorists to the closure.
· Traffic controls will be in place at various on-ramps.
Along with the signage and notifications for drivers, residents and customers in the impacted area have received specific information about the transmission line replacement procedure and how it will affect them.