Insights > Entergy Louisiana monitoring Morganza Spillway for potential customer impacts
Entergy Louisiana monitoring Morganza Spillway for potential customer impacts
Entergy Louisiana is committed to the safety of our customers and employees. The company’s electric and gas operations is closely monitoring the water levels once the Morganza Spillway is opened. We are continuing to coordinate with local and state officials and are prepared to respond to potential customer safety issues that may develop as water is released into the spillway.
We have faced situations like this in years past and our crews are prepared to act as conditions dictate. We are ready to safely de-energize electrical service if water levels rise too close to our primary lines, as well as when water levels approach a home’s electrical system or water enters a house.
Safety first! Remember, water and electricity do not mix. We encourage customers within the spillway to take all necessary precautions and keep safety a top priority. Stay away from downed power lines and flooded areas. Have emergency-preparedness kits ready, including flashlights, a battery-powered radio with fresh batteries, spare batteries, canned food and a can opener, a supply of fresh water for several days and a first-aid kit.
Customers are encouraged to stay in touch with us through the following ways:
- Download our free app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts. From your cellphone, text REG to 368374.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our View Outages page.
- Follow us on Twitter:@EntergyLA or Facebook.com/EntergyLA.
- Call us at 800-9OUTAGE (800 968 8243).
- Follow updates on local radio, television and newspapers.