Insights > Entergy Louisiana Restoration Evening Update – Sept. 1
Entergy Louisiana Restoration Evening Update – Sept. 1
Entergy Louisiana’s damage assessment from Hurricane Laura is now complete, with debris removal, repairs and rebuilding of the electrical system ongoing. As of 7 p.m. Tuesday, 122,410 customers remain without power.
The distribution system damage assessment in Louisiana includes damage to approximately 8,400 poles, 3,400 transformers and 16,300 spans of wire. Hardest-hit areas of Calcasieu and Cameron parishes included damage to 6,637 poles, 2,926 transformers and 11,886 spans of wire.
As a whole, Louisiana suffered a peak of 270,900 outages Thursday afternoon. We use peak outages, which measure a moment in time, to indicate our restoration progress. Over the course of the storm and our restoration, the company has restored 338,087 individual outages in Louisiana as of 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept.1.
In the Jennings area there are approximately 4,900 customers that remain out of power. More damage was found in the area on Monday that is affecting about 1,000 customers. The remaining 3,800 customers are served from a substation that is not re-energized and we are working on repairs to the transmission line. We expect all customers to be restored by the end of day Wednesday.
Crews have been successful in completing repairs to our distribution system and services to individual households, however they continue to face significant obstacles to rebuild our transmission system which was heavily impacted by Laura.
We continuously keep our customers informed throughout a storm using the following channels:
- Download our free app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts by texting REG to 36778 and have your account number and ZIP code handy. The registration pattern is as follows including spaces: REG (account number) (ZIP code). Once registered, text OUT to 36778 to report an outage. You can also report an outage online as a guest.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our View Outages.
- Follow us on Twitter.com/entergy or Facebook.com/entergy.
- Call us at 800-9OUTAGE (800-968-8243).
The Entergy Storm Center has storm safety, preparation and restoration information that is updated throughout the day.