Insights > Entergy Mississippi Crews Restore Power, Prepare for Cristobal
Entergy Mississippi Crews Restore Power, Prepare for Cristobal
A line of thunderstorms caused widespread power outages for more than 15,000 customers throughout our service area late Friday, June 5. As of 3 p.m., Entergy Mississippi crews have restored power for more than 12,600 customers. The majority of those customers still without power are in Grenada, Hinds and Tallahatchie counties with scattered trouble in the other counties. Entergy resource workers continue to restore power as safely and quickly as possible. We have also brought in additional resources assist with restoration efforts.
Please continue to respect our utility workers by providing them with the space needed to complete restoration work as we maintain COVID-19 pandemic safety precautions.
Tropical Storm Cristobal Storm Preparation
Entergy Mississippi is also prepared for the impacts of Tropical Storm Cristobal, including potential power outages. According to the National Hurricane Center, Tropical Storm Cristobal is expected to further develop over the northern Gulf of Mexico. Although the latest projections indicate a central Louisiana landfall on Sunday, we continue to prepare for the possibility that this weather system may impact the Mississippi service area with severe thunderstorms, strong winds and heavy rains.
Our crews and contractors are on alert and ready to safely restore power to customers as quickly as possible. Though it may be too soon to determine the exact location, timing and magnitude of the storm, Entergy Mississippi encourages customers to monitor all local weather alerts and have a storm plan in place.
It is important to remember that due to the added safety measures the company must take because of the ongoing pandemic, restoration times may be extended, especially if there are widespread outages or flooding. Crews will continue to practice social distancing and we ask that customers do the same. For their safety and yours, please stay away from work zones. If you need to report a problem with your service at any time, call 1-800-9OUTAGE (1-800-968-8243).
We urge customers to take the appropriate action to prepare for this storm.
- Preparation for potential severe weather is vital for us and for you, our highly valued customers.
- Above all, stay safe. A personal plan for you and your family is the best way to stay safe and be storm ready.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website for planning tools that can help guide you through the decisions you need to make, including details on how to prepare for hurricanes and other types of storms.
- Whether you shelter in place or evacuate, you should prepare to protect your home.
- Basic emergency supplies and a first aid kit are key items to keep on hand during severe weather.
- Safety is our core value and always comes first. Then, restoring power is the top priority and first order of business.
- We assemble and organize the workforce needed to safely and quickly restore service to all our customers.
- We continuously keep our communities informed throughout a storm using the following channels:
- Download our free app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts. From your cellphone, text REG to 368374.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our View Outages
- Follow us on Twitter.com/entergyms or Facebook.com/entergyms.
- Call us at 1-800-9OUTAGE (1-800-968-8243).
- Follow updates in your local news media, like radio, television and newspapers.
- Following a storm, we deploy scouts to assess damage. Depending on the severity of the damage, it may take up to three days before we know how long it will take before power is restored.
- As safety is always the highest of priorities, and as we assess the damage, we’ll begin restoring service where it is deemed sound to do so.