Insights > Entergy Texas Named Top Performing Utility for Business Customer Satisfaction
Entergy Texas Named Top Performing Utility for Business Customer Satisfaction
Entergy Texas took home the top spot in J.D. Power's Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study in the South midsize category (serving 40,000-84,999 business customers). The study recognizes regional electric utilities that are setting the standard for customer experience.
"I want to congratulate Entergy Texas employees on this honor," said Sallie Rainer, president and CEO of Entergy Texas. "This award doesn't happen by accident. It takes the day-to-day hard work of employees focused on meeting and exceeding our customers' expectations. And as our industry evolves, delivering exceptional customer service will play an even more important role as we take steps to offer customer-centric products and services."
The study, now in its 20th year, measures satisfaction among business customers of 88 targeted U.S. electric utilities, each of which serves more than 40,000 business customers. Overall satisfaction is determined by six factors (listed in order of importance): power quality and reliability; corporate citizenship; price; billing and payment; communications; and customer service.
Key findings of the 2018 study:
- Digital presence for account management improves satisfaction: Customers have higher satisfaction when they have an online account and choose to receive an electronic bill.
- Community presence is a differentiator: Among the highest-ranking utilities, 75% of customers say their utility supports the economic development of the local community, which is seven percentage points higher than for non-recipient utilities.
- Utilities can support business customers with product and service offerings: Electric utilities that proactively communicate outage information, product offerings and other utility messages enjoy customer satisfaction scores that are 50 points higher than those that do not provide proactive communications.
- It pays to be proactive: Customers of the highest-ranking utilities are more likely to be aware of peak-time savings programs and real-time energy monitoring tools, both of which stand to offer sizeable cost benefits.
- Dedicated account representatives positioned to build strong relationships: Businesses with an assigned key account representative receive significantly higher image ratings of being "customer-focused" and "trustworthy."