Insights > Gordon Weakens to Depression as it Heads North
Gordon Weakens to Depression as it Heads North
Tropical Storm Gordon, which made landfall on the Alabama coast Tuesday night, has had minimal impact to Entergy Louisiana customers so far, but the storm still has the potential to affect our Northeast Louisiana customers. The storm no longer poses a threat to customers in the rest of Louisiana.
Although Gordon weakened to a tropical depression as it moved across Mississippi today, it still has the potential to bring heavy rain and winds to parts of Northeast Louisiana. It is expected to move into Arkansas tonight through early Friday, where several inches of rain could cause flooding.
We continue monitoring this storm and remain prepared to respond to any power outages.
Information is available through many communications channels:
- Download our free app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts. From your cell phone, text REG to 368374.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our View Outages page.
- Follow us on Twitter.com/entergy or Facebook.com/entergy.
- Call us at 800 9OUTAGE (800 968 8243).
- Follow updates in your local news media, like radio, television and newspapers.