Insights > Hurricane season is here
Hurricane season is here
Hurricane season starts today, and experts predict another active season.
Severe weather is impacting our region with increased strength and greater frequency. But we stand storm ready. We have a proven plan of continuous preparation, planning and training. As severe weather threatens, we monitor, mobilize and act.
Safety is one of our core values and we encourage you to make it your top priority, too. You can keep yourself and your family safe by preparing a good personal disaster plan. Learn how to make an emergency kit and get important severe weather safety tips on the Entergy Storm Center.
Safety resources on the Entergy Storm Center include:
- Get prepared: Make a plan, make a kit.
- Your mobile phone: A lifeline during a disaster.
- Stay informed: Stay storm ready.
- Stay safe: Safety after the storm.
- Generator safety: Know the hazards.
- Gas safety: Know the signs.
- Food safety: Avoid loss and risk of illness.
Additional information include:
- Flooding: Water and electricity don’t mix.
- Hurricanes: Keep yourself and others safe.
- Tornadoes: Nature’s most violent storm.
- Thunderstorms: Prepare for the unpredictable.
Staying informed before, during and after a tropical system strikes is just as important as making personal storm plans. Here’s how you can stay up to date on our preparations and restoration efforts:
- Download the Entergy app. Customers can use the app to report outages or check on the status of power at their home or business.
- Check our View Outages Maps show where outages are located and give information about restoration progress.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Social media also plays an important role in keeping you informed, and we place a high priority on updating our social media channels throughout an event.
- Sign up for text messagesabout storm and restoration efforts by texting REG to 36778.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center The site has storm safety, preparation and restoration information that is updated throughout the day.
- Download the Operation: Storm Ready Guide. This guide will help you plan and prepare for weather emergencies. Versions are available in Spanish and Vietnamese.