Insights > Restoration is a Team Effort
Restoration is a Team Effort
We continuously learn and improve from storm experiences. We know the damage major storms have caused in recent years and are ready to take appropriate action before, during and after severe weather.
Based on previous storm responses and annual storm exercises, we are constantly updating and improving our operations related to severe weather. Operation: Storm Ready is our internal process of continuous planning, preparation and training.
We’ve hardened our system against storms. From aggressive preventive maintenance programs to using steel transmission structures near the coast, elevating substations that might flood and installing “isolation” devices on lines to reduce outages, our goal is to restore power safely and quickly.
When a storm damages our system, workers from the affected area and crews from other parts of our territory restore. Repairs start on major lines to the substations, then to the lines and equipment serving neighborhoods, businesses and homes.
Service lines to individual homes and businesses are restored last, as they affect fewer customers. Restoring power for fewer outages spread over larger areas often takes more time.
You can stay informed whenever storms cause power outages. Here is how you can get information:
- Download our app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app or visit entergystormcenter.com to stay informed on our restoration progress.
- Sign up for text alerts. From your cellphone, text R-E-G to 368374, or visit entergytext.com.
- Visit our View Outages page at stormcenter.com.
- Follow us on Twitter.com/entergy or Facebook.com/entergy.
- Call us at 800-9OUTAGE (800-968-8243).
- Follow updates in your local news media, like radio, television and newspapers.
- For tips on battling winter’s chill while keeping a lid on energy bills, go to http://circuit.entergy.com.
For more information on our restoration process, click here.