News Center > Entergy Louisiana is Closely Monitoring Disturbance in the Gulf
Entergy Louisiana is Closely Monitoring Disturbance in the Gulf
Company prepared for potential impact to Louisiana
Entergy Louisiana continues to monitor the disturbance located off the coast of Florida as it moves toward the central Gulf of Mexico. Though the storm is currently poorly organized, Entergy Louisiana is prepared for the possibility that this weather system could bring severe thunderstorms, strong winds, heavy rains, higher tides and coastal flooding to the state.
While the system’s strength upon landfall and exact path remains uncertain, Entergy Louisiana is preparing for the storm’s impact and the potential for power outages. The company’s distribution and transmission crews and contractors are on alert and ready to safely restore power to customers as quickly as possible.
“We are urging our customers to monitor the storm’s path, follow the direction of local authorities and be ready to implement their own storm plans if needed,” said Melonie Stewart, Entergy’s vice president of distribution operations for Louisiana. “If you need help, the Entergy Storm Center has preparation tips and safety information that can assist in planning and making necessary decisions.”
Stay prepared and informed
Entergy keeps customers informed about restoring power in several ways:
- A free app is available for iPhone or Android at entergyapp.com. Customers can use the app to report outages or check on the status of power at their homes or businesses.
- Entergy’s View Outages website includes maps that show where outages are located and give information about restoration progress.
- Customers can send and receive text messages about storm and restoration efforts. Signing up is easy: simply text REG to 368374.
- The Entergy Storm Center website has storm safety, preparation, restoration and other information that is regularly updated.
- Operation: Storm Ready is a free downloadable guide that helps customers plan and prepare for weather emergencies.
Customers are encouraged to follow us on social media on Twitter at @EntergyLA and on Facebook at facebook.com/EntergyLA. We place a high priority on keeping our social media sites updated throughout any major storms. And you always can access the main Entergy accounts at @Entergy or facebook.com/Entergy.
Entergy Louisiana, LLC provides electric service to more than 1 million customers and natural gas service to more than 93,000 customers in the greater Baton Rouge area. It has operations in southern, central and northeastern Louisiana.
Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including nearly 9,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of approximately $11 billion and more than 13,000 employees.