Storm Center > Entergy Mississippi Ready to Respond to Storm-Related Outages
Entergy Mississippi Ready to Respond to Storm-Related Outages
As the company prepares, Mississippians should, too
JACKSON, Mississippi – Entergy Mississippi is closely monitoring a severe weather system and is prepared to respond to any outages should storms affect the state on Sunday and Monday.
Entergy knows how essential power is to customers, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. The company has a detailed, rehearsed plan to assemble and organize the workforce needed to safely and quickly restore service if affected by these storms. Energy is also sending a proactive message to customers on Saturday by phone and text alerting them to the weather threat. The message also advises them of potential delays in restoration due to safety precautions needed because of the COVID-19 crisis.
“The current forecast is that severe weather will likely affect our entire service area beginning around noon on Sunday,” said Robbin Jeter, Entergy Mississippi vice president of distribution operations. “We have our company restoration force and our baseload contract work force coming in tomorrow ready to respond. We’ll continue to deliver for our customers and communities despite the circumstances.”
Contract crews will be dispersed throughout the state to provide maximum coverage. Entergy has also asked for additional contract crews to help with outage response and damage assessment.
The company’s plans include maintaining additional safety precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic, such as adjusting crew staging locations to help team members maintain social distancing. There are also added safety equipment and measures to consider, such as masks and hand sanitizer.
As Entergy Mississippi responds to these storms, and anytime people see workers in the field, they should stay away from utility work zones. This helps ensure everyone’s safety. If customers need to report a problem with their service or get bill payment help, they should call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749).
Here is how you can get information:
- Download our app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts. From your cellphone, text R-E-G to 368374.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center and our View Outages
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Call us at 800-9OUTAGE (800-968-8243).
- Follow updates in your local news media.
As you make your own preparations:
- Charge battery-operated devices such as smartphones in advance of the storms.
- Follow instructions from emergency management officials.
- Make sure you have basic emergency and first aid supplies. Find out more on the Entergy Storm Center
- Limit opening your refrigerator during an outage to keep food colder for a longer period.
- Freeze containers of water for ice to help keep food cold in the freezer if your power goes out.
Entergy Mississippi, LLC provides electricity to approximately 450,000 customers in 45 counties. Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including nearly 9,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of $11 billion and approximately 13,600 employees.