Storm Center > Entergy's Louisiana Companies Storm Update – 3/17/21 @ 10:30 a.m.
Entergy's Louisiana Companies Storm Update – 3/17/21 @ 10:30 a.m.
Entergy’s Louisiana companies are closely monitoring weather forecasts and preparing to respond to severe weather that may impact our area later this afternoon through this evening. Our crews and contractors are on alert and are ready to respond if needed.
As we prepare, we are also maintaining safety precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic. Along with our standard storm preparations, we are taking additional steps to help team members maintain social distancing. For our safety and yours, please stay away from work zones. If you need to report a problem with your service call us at 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749).
STORM RESTORATION PROCESS
If outages occur, keep in mind that if you don’t see us working near you, we may be working on another part of the electrical system that you can’t see but must be repaired to get power to you.
- Following a storm, we deploy scouts to quickly and safely assess any damages. As damages are assessed, we will communicate estimated restoration times and begin restoring power once it is safe to do so. . We ask for your patience, and please know restoring your power safely and quickly is our top priority.
- To help ensure a smooth resumption of service, we ask that customers experiencing outages turn off or unplug their air conditioners and large appliances so that when power is restored, those appliances may be turned back on gradually.
We continuously keep our communities informed throughout a storm using the following channels:
- Download our free app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts. From your cellphone text REG to 36778.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our View Outages page.
- Follow Entergy New Orleans on Facebook and Twitter. Follow Entergy Louisiana on Facebook and Twitter.
- Call us at 800-9OUTAGE (800-968-8243).
- Follow updates in your local news media like radio television and newspapers.
Your preparation is essential too:
- Above all stay safe. A personal plan for you and your family is the best way to stay safe and be storm ready.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website for planning tools that can help guide you through the decisions you need to make.
- Whether you shelter in place or evacuate, you should make preparations to protect your home.
- Decide to stay or go well before the storm strikes.
- Basic emergency supplies and a first aid kit are key items to keep on hand during severe weather.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website in advance for details on how to prepare for hurricanes and other types of storms.