Storm Center > Power Restoration Continues in Mississippi
Power Restoration Continues in Mississippi
Entergy Mississippi crews have restored power to more than 7,000 customers after severe weather moved through our service several times during the day. As of 6:30 p.m., 8,392 customers remain without power, down from a peak of 15,560.
The first wave of storms affected 14,860 customers in Madison County and caused scattered outages throughout the state. A second wave of storms caused additional outages in the Jackson metro area. As of 5:15 p.m., our scouts had found more than 50 broken poles, 100 spans of line down and multiple trees down that need to be cleared.
We have already brought in additional crews and more are on the way to help with restoration efforts. We expect to restore power to more customers tonight, though outages for some customers will carry over until tomorrow. We anticipate the majority of customers will be restored by Thursday evening. Customers can check View Outages for the latest outage numbers and estimated restoration times in your area.
The safety of our workers and customers remains our key value. As we continue to restore service, please remember:
- Power is restored faster in areas with less damage. Some of the hardest-hit areas may take longer.
- Service lines to individual homes and businesses will be restored last because fewer customers are involved. In the case of fewer outages spread over larger areas, it often takes more time to get power back on for them.
- As we restore service in your area, keep in mind that if you don’t see us working near you, we may be working on another part of the electrical system that you can’t see but must be repaired to get power to you.
- Please do not approach utility workers at the job site because these can be dangerous locations. Interruptions will slow their progress.
We will continue to keep you informed using the following channels:
- Download our app for your smartphone at http://entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts. From your cellphone, text REG to 368374.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our View Outages Click the red bar at the top to get detailed information regarding storm restoration.
- Follow us on Twitter.com/EntergyMS or Facebook.com/EntergyMS.
- Follow updates in your local news media, like radio, television and newspapers.