Storm Center > Restoration Continues in Mississippi
Restoration Continues in Mississippi
As of noon today, power has been restored for nearly 29,700 Entergy Mississippi customers affected by Saturday morning’s storms. About 8,600 customers remain without power, primarily in our northern service area. We expect some customers to be restored by Tuesday evening, though some in the hardest hit areas will carry over to Wednesday.
Our crews have made progress over the weekend, but damages are extensive. The storm caused damage to 657 poles, 1,080 spans of line, 61 transformers, and 354 crossarms, with majority of those being in the northern region. More than 380 additional workers are assisting with restoration. We appreciate your patience as our crews restore power as quickly as they can safely do so.
For the latest restoration updates, check View Outages
The safety of our workers and customers remains our key value. As we continue to restore service, please remember:
- Power is restored faster in areas with less damage. Some of the hardest-hit areas may take longer.
- Service lines to individual homes and businesses will be restored last because fewer customers are involved. In the case of fewer outages spread over larger areas, it often takes more time to get power back on for them.
- As we restore service in your area, keep in mind that if you don’t see us working near you, we may be working on another part of the electrical system that you can’t see but must be repaired to get power to you.
- Please do not approach utility workers at the job site because these can be dangerous locations. Interruptions will slow their progress.
We will continue to keep you informed using the following channels:
- Download our app for your smartphone at http://entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts. From your cellphone, text REG to 368374.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our View Outages Click the red bar at the top to get detailed information regarding storm restoration.
- Follow us on Twitter.com/EntergyMS or Facebook.com/EntergyMS.
- Follow updates in your local news media, like radio, television and newspapers.
Entergy Mississippi, LLC provides electricity to approximately 450,000 customers in 45 counties. Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 9,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of $11 billion and approximately 13,500 employees.