Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including nearly 9,000 megawatts of nuclear power.
Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of approximately $10.8 billion and nearly 13,000 employees.
Business at Entergy
At Entergy, we consistently strive to create sustainable value for our owners, customers, employees and communities. That concentrated focus drives the way we think as an organization. It enables us to effectively navigate through numerous transitions, both revolutionary and evolutionary, and still deliver on our commitments to our stakeholders.
Our two primary business segments include Utility operations and our Entergy Wholesale Commodities business:
The purpose of our Utility business is to grow by providing customers with low-emission, reliable energy at reasonable cost; superior service; a strict focus on safety; operational excellence and engaged employees.
- Entergy's electric utilities generate, transmit, distribute and sell electric power in a four-state service territory that includes portions of Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas and Louisiana, including the city of New Orleans. Entergy also operates natural gas distribution businesses in New Orleans and Baton Rouge.
- Approximately 22,000 MW generating capacity.
- Approximately 15,500 circuit miles of interconnected high-voltage transmission lines.
Entergy Wholesale Commodities
The purpose of our Entergy Wholesale Commodities business is to focus on best-in-class operational efficiency, safety, security and reliability while continually seeking to optimize our portfolio of assets in an ever-dynamic market.
- Six nuclear units owned at five sites.
- Two gas facilities.
- Two wind facilities.
- Two coal facilities.
- One nuclear plant managed.
Click here for more information about Entergy Wholesale Commodities.
More Information about Entergy's Scope of Operations:
Entergy Nuclear's fleet headquarters is located in Jackson, Miss. Entergy operates 11 units
with nearly 10,000 megawatts of nuclear capacity:
- Arkansas Nuclear One Units 1 and 2 near Russellville, Ark.
- Cooper in Brownville, Neb.*
- James A. FitzPatrick in Oswego County, N.Y
- Grand Gulf Nuclear Station in Port Gibson, Miss.
- Indian Point Energy Center Units 2 & 3 in Westchester County, N.Y.
- Palisades in Covert, Mich.
- Pilgrim Nuclear Station in Plymouth, Mass.
- River Bend Station in St. Francisville, La.
- Waterford 3 in Taft, La.
* Owned by Nebraska Public Power District. Entergy provides management services.
Entergy is the nation's largest provider of license renewal and decommissioning services to the nuclear power industry.
Click here for more information about Entergy's nuclear operations.
- Entergy's regulated fossil fleet includes all plants that are fully or partially owned by Entergy's utility companies: Entergy Arkansas, Inc., Entergy Louisiana, LLC, Entergy Mississippi, Inc., Entergy New Orleans, Inc., and Entergy Texas, Inc.
- This includes 32 natural gas, coal, oil and hydroelectric generating facilities spread across Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Mississippi, with the capacity to generate more than 18,000 megawatts of power.
- Entergy also operates and maintains, but does not own, two petroleum coke-fired units at the 200-megawatt Nelson Industrial Steam Company plant, near Lake Charles, La.; Toledo Bend Reservoir in Burkeville, Texas, an 80-megawatt hydroelectric generating facility owned by the Sabine River Authorities of Texas and Louisiana; and La. Station 1 Unit 5a, a cogeneration gas-fired unit that produces 190 megawatts of electricity for a neighboring facility owned by Exxon.
- Entergy is one of the cleanest electricity generators in the United States because of the variety of fuels that it uses to generate power.
Entergy's Transmission Organization consists of the employees and assets used to plan, operate and maintain Entergy’s transmission system. The Entergy transmission system is comprised of the transmission systems of Entergy's operating companies: Entergy Arkansas, Inc.; Entergy Louisiana, LLC; Entergy Mississippi, Inc.; Entergy New Orleans, Inc.; and Entergy Texas, Inc.
The Entergy transmission system is comprised of approximately 15,700 circuit miles of transmission lines operated at 69 kV to 500 kV and approximately 1,500 substations.