Storm Center > Entergy Mississippi Begins Restoration After Severe Weather Event
Entergy Mississippi Begins Restoration After Severe Weather Event
Severe weather has impacted the Entergy Mississippi service territory causing customer outages throughout our service area. We are mobilizing our workforce to assess damage and restore power. Restoration work will be proceeding as quickly and safely as possible. We will provide detailed restoration times as damage assessment is completed.
Along with standard storm preparations, Entergy employees are navigating the COVID-19 pandemic by taking additional steps. Crews will continue to practice social distancing, and we ask that customers do the same. For our safety and yours, please stay away from work zones.
If you lose power:
- Stay away from downed power lines. You can’t tell from looking at them whether they are energized or not, so assume they are. Report them to 1-800-9OUTAGE.
- Report your power outage online or call 1-800-9OUTAGE. If you report your outage by phone, trust the automated system. It works very well. There is no need to speak with a customer service representative to report an outage.
- If you have a portable generator, use it safely. DO NOT run it in an enclosed space. If connecting to the whole house, do so only if the connection has been installed by a licensed electrician. More information is available on Entergy Stormcenter.
- Do not open your refrigerator or freezer door. Food will stay cold much longer this way.
- Stay clear of linemen as they work.
To stay up to date on outages and restoration:
- Download our free app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts by texting REG to 36778 and have your account number and ZIP code handy. The registration pattern is as follows including spaces: REG (account number) (ZIP code). Once registered, text OUT to 36778 to report an outage.
- Visit our “View Outages” page at EntergyStormCenter.com.
- Follow us on Twitter.com/entergyms and Facebook.com/entergyms.
- Call us at 800-9OUTAGE (800-968-8243).
- Follow updates in your local news media, like radio, TV and newspapers.