Storm Center > Entergy Mississippi Saturday Evening Restoration Update
Entergy Mississippi Saturday Evening Restoration Update
The Delta region of Mississippi was hit especially hard by this morning’s storms, causing significant damage. As of Saturday evening, we have almost 400 broken poles among other damage. Restoration in this hardest hit area will be delayed and we will provide an estimated time of restoration as soon as possible. Most customers in the central and southwest parts of the state should be restored tonight or by 2 p.m. tomorrow.
In addition to our Entergy Mississippi crews and day-to-day contractors, we have more than 250 additional workers assisting in this restoration. Our peak outages reached nearly 38,300 customers and as of 7 p.m. we have restored about 15,000 of them.
The safety of our workers and customers remains our key value. We urge customers to heed these safety reminders:
- The greatest danger during and after a storm like this is from downed power lines. If you see a power line on the ground or in the trees or bushes—do not go near it! Call us at 800-9OUTAGE (800-968-8243).
- Stay away from standing water and debris from trees and other vegetation. It may be electrically charged from underground or downed power lines.
- Another danger comes from customers who improperly connect a generator to their home. A registered electrician needs to connect it to your home to prevent damage to your home’s electrical system or death or injury to our linemen.
- For more emergency tips, visit the Entergy Storm Center.
We will continue to keep you informed using the following channels:
- Download our app for your smartphone at http://entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts. From your cellphone, text REG to 368374.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our View Outages Click the red bar at the top to get detailed information regarding storm restoration.
- Follow us on Twitter.com/EntergyMS or Facebook.com/EntergyMS.
- Follow updates in your local news media, like radio, television and newspapers.
Entergy Mississippi, LLC provides electricity to approximately 450,000 customers in 45 counties. Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 9,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of $11 billion and approximately 13,500 employees.