Storm Center > Entergy Mississippi Sunday Morning Restoration Update
Entergy Mississippi Sunday Morning Restoration Update
As of 10 a.m., Entergy Mississippi has over 21,000 customers without power. The majority of our customers out are north of Highway 82 from Greenville and Rosedale on the river northeast to Hernando. We continue to concentrate efforts on regaining transmission feeds to our substations. Damage to our transmission system has been extensive with damage to 35 different transmission structures affecting seven different substations. We have approximately 400 broken poles, as well.
In addition to our Entergy Mississippi crews and day-to-day contractors, we have more than 250 additional workers helping in this restoration and we are in the process of securing another 100 to 150 workers as they become available. This is a major restoration effort and we still anticipate it to last several days with some customers remaining without power into Tuesday evening.
Our peak outages reached nearly 38,300 customers and as of 10 a.m., we have restored power to more than 17,000 of them.
South of Hwy 82, the damage from the storm was not as extensive. In this area most of our customers had power restored by late last night or this morning. We do have some pockets down south who are currently out but expect to have them restored by mid-afternoon today.
Thank you for you patience as we work to restore everyone as quickly as we are safely able to do so.
The safety of our workers and customers remains our key value. We urge customers to heed these safety reminders:
- The greatest danger during and after a storm like this is from downed power lines. If you see a power line on the ground or in the trees or bushes—do not go near it! Call us at 800-9OUTAGE (800-968-8243).
- Stay away from standing water and debris from trees and other vegetation. It may be electrically charged from underground or downed power lines.
- Another danger comes from customers who improperly connect a generator to their home. A registered electrician needs to connect it to your home to prevent damage to your home’s electrical system or death or injury to our linemen.
- For more emergency tips, visit the Entergy Storm Center.
We will continue to keep you informed using the following channels:
- Download our app for your smartphone at http://entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts. From your cellphone, text REG to 368374.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our View Outages Click the red bar at the top to get detailed information regarding storm restoration.
- Follow us on Twitter.com/EntergyMS or Facebook.com/EntergyMS.
- Follow updates in your local news media, like radio, television and newspapers.
Entergy Mississippi, LLC provides electricity to approximately 450,000 customers in 45 counties. Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 9,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of $11 billion and approximately 13,500 employees.