Insights > Entergy offers variety of bill management and assistance options for winter season
Entergy offers variety of bill management and assistance options for winter season
Cooler temperatures can increase power usage and bills
Cooler temperatures are here in our region, meaning some of us are already turning on our heaters to take the chill out of the air. Producing heat requires a lot of electricity, which can drive up your energy usage and bills.
You don’t have to compromise comfort to keep your winter energy bills down. We recently shared free or low-cost energy efficiency tips that can go a long way in conserving energy and saving money during the winter season. If you do receive a higher-than-expected winter energy bill, we have additional resources to help.
Bill management resources
Choose when, where and how you pay with our bill management resources, including:
- AutoPay: Avoid late fees, writing checks and paying for postage by having your bills automatically deducted from your bank account. Learn more at myentergy.com/s/autopay.
- Level billing: We average bills over a rolling 12-month period, so you have a more consistent bill each month of the year. Enroll at myentergy.com/s/levelbill.
- MyAdvisor: Receive an estimate of what projected energy usage costs could be by the end of the billing cycle. Learn more at entergy.com/MyAdvisor.
- PaperFREE: Get your bill delivered directly to your email as soon as it posts. Learn more at myentergy.com/s/paperfree.
- Pick-A-Date: Choose what day of the month you get billed to line up with your budget and cash flow. Learn more at myentergy.com/s/pickdate.
- Understanding my bill: We’ve designed the Entergy bill to help make it easier to understand. Learn more at entergy.com/bill.
Resources for customers in need
For customers experiencing financial hardship, we offer a variety of bill assistance options, including:
- Deferred payment: Talk with us about your situation and we may be able to make deferred payment arrangements. Request a deferred payment arrangement through myEntergy or by calling 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749) and following our automated response system menu.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program: Funded through the federal government, LIHEAP helps low-income households meet their home energy costs by making payments on the customers’ behalf directly to energy suppliers. Visit com/bill-help to learn how to apply for assistance.
- Payment extension: Qualifying customers who need a few extra days to pay their bill can request an extension through myEntergy or by calling 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749) and following our automated response system menu.
- The Power to Care: Through a network of nonprofit agencies, The Power to Care helps pay utility bills of those facing extreme temperatures with no way to stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Learn more at com/s/powertocare.
Customers who are behind on bill payments should contact Entergy through myEntergy or by phone at 1-800 ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749) to make payment arrangements and prevent disconnection. The Entergy app is also available to download for Android and iPhone operating systems at entergy.com/app and can be used for your convenience to pay bills, monitor your usage and more.