Insights > Entergy Arkansas responding to storm-related outages
Entergy Arkansas responding to storm-related outages
A line of severe thunderstorms with straight line winds has moved through Entergy’s service area causing approximately 54,500 outages across the state. As of as of 12:00 p.m. outages have been reduced from the peak of more than 41,900 outages to 22,786 outages. Entergy crews are assessing damage and restoring power as quickly and safely as possible.
As with any weather event, please be mindful of the following safety tips:
- Live wires can be deadly. Stay away from downed power lines. Call 1 800 9OUTAGE or 1 800 968 8243 to report downed or dangling power lines, poles or other damaged equipment.
- Do not trim trees or remove debris on or near downed power lines. Only power company crews or their contractors should remove trees or limbs touching power lines.
- Keep away from the immediate areas where crews are working. There is always the danger of moving equipment and the possibility of construction materials or limbs or overhead wires falling to the ground.
- If you plan on using a generator for temporary power, get a licensed electrician and disconnect from the utility electric system before hooking up to your home main electric panel.
- Do not run a generator in a confined space without adequate ventilation.
- Avoid using candles or other flammable devices to warm your home.
- Try to stay off the roads. More traffic in bad weather leads to more accidents, including more injuries and fatalities as well as accidents that can damage electrical poles and other equipment, creating outages and impeding the ability of crews to access and repair damage and slowing restoration.
In addition to Entergy's View Outage application on www.entergy.com, you can download our app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app or visit entergystormcenter.com to stay informed on our restoration progress. Android users experiencing difficulty accessing the app on their smartphones can get information from the mobile version of our site at entergy.com
Sign up for text alerts. From your cellphone, text REG to 368374, or visit entergytext.com.
Follow us on Twitter.com slash Entergy or Facebook.com/Entergy.