Insights > Entergy Louisiana Restoration Evening Update – Sept. 2
Entergy Louisiana Restoration Evening Update – Sept. 2
Crews continue to make significant restoration progress after Hurricane Laura impacted Entergy’s electrical system across Louisiana. As of 7 p.m. Wednesday, 115,901 customers remain without power.
As a whole, Louisiana suffered a peak of 270,900 outages Thursday afternoon. We use peak outages, which measure a moment in time, to indicate our restoration progress. Over the course of the storm and our restoration, the company has restored 348,044 individual outages in Louisiana as of 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Earlier today, Entergy Louisiana announced their plan to bring power back to southwest Louisiana, with the first transmission line into the Lake Charles area to be rebuilt in two weeks. The company expects it will be about two to three weeks before power is available to customers in the Lake Charles area who can safely receive it. Restoring power will take longer to customers in inaccessible areas of the region.
While not impacting the expected restoration of service to residential customers, initial estimates are it will take weeks to rebuild all transmission lines in Calcasieu and Cameron parishes. Until that work is complete, resumption of normal service could be limited.
The company is also aggressively exploring other opportunities to jump-start the power flow in Lake Charles by enabling generators located in the city to begin producing electricity without the need for a transmission source to provide start-up power.
We continuously keep our customers informed throughout a storm using the following channels:
- Download our free app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts by texting REG to 36778 and have your account number and ZIP code handy. The registration pattern is as follows including spaces: REG (account number) (ZIP code). Once registered, text OUT to 36778 to report an outage. You can also report an outage online as a guest.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our View Outages.
- Follow us on Twitter.com/entergy or Facebook.com/entergy.
- Call us at 800-9OUTAGE (800-968-8243).
The Entergy Storm Center has storm safety, preparation and restoration information that is updated throughout the day.