Insights > Entergy Mississippi Winter Storm Update – 2/22/21 @ 10 a.m.
Entergy Mississippi Winter Storm Update – 2/22/21 @ 10 a.m.
As of 9 a.m., Entergy Mississippi’s crews have restored power to more than 84,000 customers who were without power due to icy weather in our service area last week. About 5,980 customers remain without power. At peak the storm caused approximately 90,000 outages, which is about 1/5 of all Entergy Mississippi customers. As we get further into the restoration, crews are being delayed by the complexity of the restoration and the challenging terrain. We have brought in special equipment to access those areas and expect the majority of customers will be restored late tonight, though a few customer outages could carry over to Tuesday.
At this point in our restoration effort, the remaining outages are widely scattered across the portions of our service area affected by the storm. Damage to our equipment includes 147 broken poles, 1,081 spans of wire down and 46 damaged transformers. Such widespread damage takes time to restore, especially when some equipment is difficult to reach.
- A span of wire measures about 250-300 feet in length. The current number of spans down is equivalent to about 56 miles of wire.
- Under ideal circumstances, a crew can replace a broken pole in about three hours. The number of broken power poles found in this storm so far could take crews more than 430 hours to replace.
Restoration work is proceeding as safely as possible. Crews continue to take additional safety measures, including practicing social distancing. We ask customers to do the same. For their safety and yours, please stay away from our work zones.
We know you want to know when power will be restored in your area. A community update is available on the banner at the top of the Entergy Stormcenter View Outages page. We continue experiencing a delay in reflecting restoration status on the outage map, causing temporary discrepancies in information presented. The information posted in the banner link at the top of the page is updated several times each day. We are working to correct the issues and apologize for the inconvenience.
You can also use these tips to stay safe and keep in touch:
- Stay away from downed power lines. You can’t tell from looking at them whether they are energized or not, so assume they are. Report them to 1-800-9OUTAGE.
- Report your power outage online or call 1-800-9OUTAGE. If you report your outage by phone, trust the automated system. There is no need to speak with a customer service representative to report an outage.
- If you have a portable generator, use it safely. DO NOT run it in an enclosed space. If connecting to the whole house, do so only if the connection has been installed by a licensed electrician. More information is available on Entergy Stormcenter.
- Stay clear of linemen as they work. Our crews continue to practice social distancing and we ask that customers do the same.
Stay in touch
- Download the Entergy app for Apple or Android operating systems at Entergy.com/app.
- Register for address-specific text alerts by texting REG to 36778. Customers will need an account number and ZIP code. Once registered, text OUT to 36778 to report an outage.
- Follow Entergy Mississippi at Facebook.com/EntergyMS or Twitter.com/EntergyMS.
- Follow updates in local news media, including radio, television and newspapers.
We appreciate your patience as we work to safely restore power. For more tips and storm updates, visit stormcenter.entergy.com.