Insights > Entergy New Orleans Hurricane Zeta Update - 11/4/20 @ 11 a.m.
Entergy New Orleans Hurricane Zeta Update - 11/4/20 @ 11 a.m.
Entergy New Orleans has restored power to all customers that can safely receive it.
In Venetian Isles, crews continue to work through replacing broken poles, vegetation issues and debris entangled in electrical lines. Customers in Venetian Isles are expected to be restored by Monday, Nov. 9.
Following Zeta, we identified 323 poles damaged, 92 spans of wire down and 201 transformers damaged in Orleans Parish.
While power restoration continues, customers may see that their neighbors have power restored before they do. That could mean that each customer is served by two different parts of the electric grid. If you are still without power, please call 800-9OUTAGE to report it.
We want to ensure customers can accept power when it becomes available. Check for damage to the electrical equipment attached to your home or business and contact an electrician to make needed repairs. For information on your home’s electrical equipment, visit our Storm Center site. If damage has been repaired by a qualified electrician, call 1-800-ENTERGY to generate a service-reconnection work order.
We continuously keep our communities informed throughout a storm using the following channels:
- Download our free app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts. From your cellphone text REG to 36778.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our View Outages page.
- Follow us on Twitter.com/entergynola or Facebook.com/entergynola.
- Call us at 800-9OUTAGE (800-968-8243).
- Follow updates in your local news media like radio television and newspapers.