Insights > Entergy Texas outage update – 6/11/23, 11:20 a.m.
Entergy Texas outage update – 6/11/23, 11:20 a.m.
Entergy Texas crews are working safely to restore power after 70 mph winds and heavy rain caused significant damage to the company’s service area Saturday night.
As of 10:30 a.m., approximately 33,600 customers are without power, down from a peak of more than 54,000 Saturday evening. More than 50 crews are conducting damage assessments and restoring service to customers who can safely receive power.
All customers are expected to be restored this evening, except for customers in Hardin County and Jefferson County, which remain the most heavily impacted areas.
Entergy Texas deployed its new mobile command center to the Beaumont area. The vehicle will function as a field command center, providing an immediate communications platform during the ongoing restoration efforts.
We urge customers to use caution after the storm and remember these important safety tips:
- Stay away from downed power lines and areas of debris. Energized power lines may not be visible among the rubble. Report downed lines immediately to Entergy at 1-800-9OUTAGE (1-800-968-8243), and call your local police station or fire department.
- Return home only when authorities advise and drive only on roadways and bridges that have been declared passable.
- If a power line falls on your vehicle while driving, continue to drive away from the line.
- Don’t walk in flooded areas or standing water. Remember that wet tree limbs can conduct electricity.
- Keep your distance from working crews. Work sites can have any number of hidden dangers for the public, and distracting crews can cause accidents to happen.
Keeping customers informed before, during and after a storm is important to Entergy Texas. Here are some of the platforms we use to provide updates:
- Download the Entergy App at entergyapp.com. Customers can use the app to report outages or check on the status of power at their home or business.
- Entergy’s View Outages website includes maps that show where outages are located and gives information about restoration progress.
- Register for outage text alerts through myEntergy. Customers should update their notification preferences to participate in text alerts. Customers also can sign up for text messages about storm and restoration efforts by texting REG to 36778.
- The Entergy Storm Center website has storm safety, preparation and restoration information that is updated throughout the day.
- Operation: Storm Ready Guide is a free downloadable guide that helps customers plan and prepare for weather emergencies.
- Social media plays an important role in keeping customers informed. Follow Entergy Texas on Twitter at @EntergyTX and Facebook.com/EntergyTX.
About Entergy Texas
Entergy Texas, Inc. provides electricity to approximately 499,000 customers in 27 counties. Entergy Texas is a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation, a Fortune 500 electric company. Entergy powers life for 3 million customers through our operating companies in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. We’re investing in the reliability and resilience of the energy system while helping our region transition to cleaner, more efficient energy solutions. With roots in our communities for more than 100 years, Entergy is a nationally recognized leader in sustainability and corporate citizenship. Since 2018, we have delivered more than $100 million in economic benefits each year to local communities through philanthropy, volunteerism and advocacy. Entergy is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, and has approximately 12,000 employees. For the latest news from Entergy, visit the Newsroom.