Insights > Entergy Texas storm update – 6/22/23, 10 a.m.
Entergy Texas storm update – 6/22/23, 10 a.m.
Entergy Texas crews continue restoration efforts after heavy thunderstorms, strong winds up to 70 mph, and downed trees caused widespread outages across the service area Wednesday.
As of 10 a.m., approximately 14,400 customers are without power, down from a peak of approximately 50,000 outages Wednesday night. Montgomery and Madison Counties were the most heavily impacted areas, with more than 12,300 customers without power as of 10 a.m. Additional resources are being deployed to these areas to assist with restoration efforts.
Damage assessments are ongoing, but preliminary reports indicate downed trees and widespread debris.
For more information on damage and estimated restoration times, visit our View Outage map.
Safety is our number one priority. If you lose power, keep the following tips in mind:
- Stay away from downed power lines and assume they are energized.
- Report a power outage on the myEntergy site or call 1-800-9OUTAGE. There is no need to speak with a customer service representative to report an outage if completed online.
- If you have a portable generator, use it safely. DO NOT run it in an enclosed space. If connecting the generator to the whole house, do so only if the connection has been installed by a licensed electrician to prevent back feed on to the distribution system.
- Do not open your refrigerator or freezer door. Food will stay cold much longer this way. If outside temperature is below freezing, consider placing food in an ice chest outside.
- Please stay clear of linemen as they work to safely restore power.
Be sure to stay informed throughout the restoration process using the following resources:
- Download our free Entergy app.
- Sign up for text alerts by texting REG to 36778.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our View Outage page.
- Follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
- Call us at 1-800-9OUTAGE (800-968-8243).
- Follow your local news media for updates.
About Entergy Texas
Entergy Texas, Inc. provides electricity to approximately 499,000 customers in 27 counties. Entergy Texas is a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation, a Fortune 500 electric company. Entergy powers life for 3 million customers through our operating companies in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. We’re investing in the reliability and resilience of the energy system while helping our region transition to cleaner, more efficient energy solutions. With roots in our communities for more than 100 years, Entergy is a nationally recognized leader in sustainability and corporate citizenship. Since 2018, we have delivered more than $100 million in economic benefits each year to local communities through philanthropy, volunteerism and advocacy. Entergy is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, and has approximately 12,000 employees. For the latest news from Entergy, visit the Newsroom.