Insights > Improvements in Progress: Six Tips on How You Can Prepare for a Planned Outage
Improvements in Progress: Six Tips on How You Can Prepare for a Planned Outage
At Entergy, we make every attempt to limit customer interruptions. To keep the power reliably flowing, Entergy crews frequently work to make reliability upgrades to improve equipment with newer, more modern technology.
There are times, however, where we must take scheduled interruptions when we’ve identified equipment that has already disrupted service, or we believe it could cause a future interruption. The goal of a scheduled interruption is to prevent future unplanned interruptions that could last longer, impact more customers and risk the safety of our crews.
If a scheduled interruption is needed, we’ll notify customers via phone. The recorded message will inform the customers of the date, time and expected duration. To ensure your contact information is updated, please visit www.myentergy.com.
Below are some tips you can follow to help you through a scheduled interruption.
- Turn off electronic and appliances and keep them off until five minutes after service is restored.
- Check batteries in flashlights.
- Turn the refrigerator thermostat to its coldest setting and keep the doors closed.
- Notify your alarm company if applicable.
- Be sure to reset clocks, thermostats and other programmed equipment after your power is restored.