News Center > Don't Get Spooked by Scams
Don't Get Spooked by Scams
This year has been scary enough without having to deal with scammers trying to steal your hard-earned money. But that’s exactly what is happening this Halloween season, as Entergy Arkansas has seen an uptick in scam reports.
Entergy never calls and demands immediate payment over the phone. If you get such a call, it is a scam! Don’t fall for it!
Recent reports indicate that the crooked callers are spoofing Entergy’s phone number, making it look like the call is coming from Entergy. If they say you are behind on your Entergy bill, hang up immediately. Then, go check your bill and call Entergy by using the number on the bill, NOT the number on your caller ID.
In many of these scam cases, the criminal instructs the customer to put money on a pre-paid card and to call back with payment.
Here is some additional information that might help:
- Credit card payments over the phone are made ONLY through BillMatrix, a third-party vendor we use for this purpose.
- Never give your personal information to strangers. If a call sounds suspicious, hang up immediately and call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749) directly to speak with an Entergy customer service representative.
- Manage your Entergy account and review account alert options by downloading the free Entergy smartphone app or visiting entergy.com to register for myAccount.
- Only use authorized methods and legitimate banking information to pay your Entergy bill. We offer several convenient ways:
- Pay online – For no additional charge, you may securely log in to myAccount at entergy.com to conveniently pay your bill online.
- Pay by phone – You may pay your bill by credit card, debit card or electronic check by calling Entergy’s pay-by-phone provider, BillMatrix, at 1-800-584-1241. BillMatrix charges a $2.95 service fee.
- Walk-in payment centers – Want to pay in person? You may pay your bill by cash, check or money order at an authorized Quick Payment Center in your community. A convenience fee may apply.
- Bank draft – You can avoid late fees by having your Entergy payment automatically deducted from your checking account each month. Entergy will mail a monthly billing statement to you for your records, showing the bill amount and bank draft date.
- Pay by mail – You can send a check by U.S. Mail to the remittance address shown on your bill.
If you believe you are a victim of this scam, you should notify the proper authorities, such as the local police or the state attorney general’s office. If you believe your account has been affected, call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749) to speak with an Entergy customer service representative.
ABOUT ENTERGY ARKANSAS
Entergy Arkansas provides electricity to approximately 715,000 customers in 63 counties. Entergy Arkansas is a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation (NYSE: ETR), an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy Corporation (NYSE: ETR) is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 8,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of $11 billion and approximately 13,600 employees.