News Center > Entergy Powers Mississippi Communities with $52,000 in Grants
Entergy Powers Mississippi Communities with $52,000 in Grants
JACKSON, Mississippi – Teaching families about energy—what it is, where it comes from and why it is important to use it wisely--is the goal of “Conservation Quest.” The program at the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science and those of 12 other nonprofit groups in Entergy Mississippi’s service area will share $52,000 in Entergy Charitable Foundation grants.
“These grants show the many ways Entergy powers life by supporting vital programs and services,” said Valarie Mabry, Entergy Mississippi public affairs representative. “Thanks to our outstanding network of nonprofit partners, Entergy Charitable Foundation grants continue to make a positive impact on our customers and communities.”
Other first-round grant recipients for 2018 are:
- Andrew Jackson Council/Boy Scouts’ STEM camps
- Cleveland Music Foundation Inc.’s Music Revolution Project summer camp
- Delta State University Foundation’s School-Time Matinee Series and Mississippi Summer Arts Institute
- Excel by 5 Inc.’s Early Childhood Community Certification
- Mission First’s OASIS summer enrichment program
- Mississippi Blood Services’ “Bloody the Bloodhound” educational campaign
- Mississippi School of the Arts’ junior and senior college-prep seminars
- Palmer Home for Children’s Whole Child Initiative
- The Salvation Army’s emergency assistance and social services programs
Funded by shareholder contributions, the foundation grants support education, poverty solutions and environmental programs in its communities. Entergy reviews requests for funding through the Entergy Charitable Foundation twice a year. Find grant application guidelines here.
In 2017, Entergy Corporation and the Entergy Charitable Foundation awarded more than $17 million in grants to more than 2,200 nonprofits. The foundation grants support education, poverty solutions and environmental programs in its communities. In 2017, Entergy employees logged more than 103,000 volunteer hours. Learn more about our community investments here.
Entergy Mississippi, Inc. provides electricity to approximately 449,000 customers in 45 counties. Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including nearly 9,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of approximately $11 billion and more than 13,000 employees.