News Center > Entergy’s Louisiana Utilities Monitoring Tropical Disturbance
Entergy’s Louisiana Utilities Monitoring Tropical Disturbance
NEW ORLEANS — Entergy New Orleans and Entergy Louisiana are monitoring and planning for the potential impacts from a tropical disturbance that is expected to travel across the Gulf of Mexico in the coming days.
While the system’s path and intensity could change, forecasters expect it to bring severe thunderstorms, strong winds, heavy rains, high tides and coastal flooding to portions of Louisiana.
Though it may be too soon to determine the exact location, timing and magnitude of the storm, Entergy encourages customers to monitor all local weather alerts and have their storm plans in place. For preparation and safety tips, customers can visit the Entergy Storm Center at entergystormcenter.com.
Entergy crews and contractors are on alert and will be ready to safely restore power as quickly as possible if needed. They are going through their pre-storm checklists and making sure that additional supplies, including poles, transformers and other pole-top equipment, are on hand.
Keeping customers informed before, during and after a storm is important to Entergy. Here are some of the platforms we use to provide updates:
- Entergy App – Customers can use the app to report outages or check on the status of power at their home or business.
- Text alerts – Customers can register for outage text alerts through myEntergy. Be sure to update your notification preferences to participate in text alerts. Customers also can sign up for text messages about storm and restoration efforts by texting REG to 36778.
- Entergy Storm Center website – The website has storm safety, preparation and restoration information that is updated regularly.
- Social media – Entergy New Orleans and Entergy Louisiana provide storm restoration updates through their Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Entergy’s View Outages website – The website includes maps that show where outages are located and give information about restoration progress.
Entergy New Orleans, LLC is an electric and gas utility that serves Louisiana’s Orleans Parish. The company provides electricity to more than 200,000 customers and natural gas to more than 108,000 customers. Entergy New Orleans, LLC is a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation.
Entergy Louisiana, LLC provides electric service to more than 1 million customers and natural gas service to more than 93,000 customers in the greater Baton Rouge area. It has operations in southern, central and northern Louisiana.
Entergy Corporation (NYSE: ETR) is an integrated energy company engaged in electric power production, transmission and retail distribution operations. Entergy delivers electricity to 3 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy owns and operates one of the cleanest large-scale U.S. power generating fleets with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 7,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, Entergy has annual revenues of $10 billion and more than 13,000 employees. Learn more at entergy.com and follow @Entergy on social media.