News Center > Entergy’s Louisiana Utilities Preparing for Potential Impacts of Tropical Storm Zeta
Entergy’s Louisiana Utilities Preparing for Potential Impacts of Tropical Storm Zeta
For the seventh time this season, Entergy’s Louisiana utilities are monitoring and planning for the potential impacts of a tropical weather system. While the path and intensity of Tropical Storm Zeta could change, the companies are preparing for the enhanced risks of severe thunderstorms, strong winds, heavy rains, high tides and coastal flooding in portions of Louisiana.
Zeta is anticipated to approach the northern Gulf Coast by midweek, bringing tropical-weather conditions along the Louisiana coastline. Customers are encouraged to continue monitoring local weather alerts, have a plan in place and follow guidance from state and local officials.
Entergy’s storm team is prepared to restore power and gas services safely and quickly to customers should outages occur. In addition, the companies will move equipment from low-lying areas that could see high water to higher ground and ensure flood protections are in place. High-water vehicles and drones are being secured should they be needed during any restoration efforts.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, crews will continue to practice social distancing while in the field, and Entergy asks that customers do the same. For the safety of crews and customers, please stay away from work zones. If there is a need to report a service problem, customers should call 1-800-ENTERGY.
Staying informed before, during and after a tropical system strikes is just as important as making personal storm plans. Here’s how customers can stay updated throughout the event:
- Download the Entergy App at com. Customers can use the app to report outages or check on the status of power at their home or business.
- Entergy’s View Outages website includes maps that show where outages are located and give information about restoration progress.
- Sign up for text messages by texting REG to 36778 and have your account number and ZIP code handy. The registration pattern is as follows including spaces and without parentheses: REG (account number) (ZIP code). Once registered, text OUT to 36778 to report an outage. You can also report an outage online as a guest.
- The Entergy Storm Center website has storm safety, preparation and restoration information that is updated throughout the day.
- Operation: Storm Ready Guide is a free downloadable guide that helps customers plan and prepare for weather emergencies.
Follow us on Social Media
Social media plays an important role in keeping customers informed, and the companies place a high priority on updating their social media channels throughout an event. Customers can follow Entergy Louisiana on Facebook and Twitter, and Entergy New Orleans on Facebook and Twitter.
Entergy New Orleans, LLC is an electric and gas utility that serves Louisiana’s Orleans Parish. The company provides electricity to more than 200,000 customers and natural gas to more than 108,000 customers.
Entergy Louisiana, LLC provides electric service to more than 1 million customers and natural gas service to more than 93,000 customers in the greater Baton Rouge area. It has operations in southern, central and northern Louisiana. Both companies are subsidiaries of Entergy Corporation.
Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 8,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of $11 billion and approximately 13,600 employees.