News Center > Keep Cool with Entergy Arkansas' Hot Weather Tips, Programs
Keep Cool with Entergy Arkansas' Hot Weather Tips, Programs
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Triple-digit temperatures have returned to Arkansas, but don't let your electric bills climb along with the mercury. By taking steps to be more energy-efficient, your air conditioner will run less which will help keep your electricity bill down.
"Heating and cooling systems are the biggest electricity users in your house," said Brady Aldy, vice president of customer service for Entergy Arkansas, Inc. "Several steps can help you manage your energy use without sacrificing your comfort," Aldy said.
· Clean or replace air filters monthly. Residential and commercial customers can also sign up for our CoolSaver Program for servicing their AC units. For more information on residential and commercial AC tune-ups contact Energy Efficiency Solutions Center at 877-212-2420 or email us at Entergy-CoolSaver@CLEAResult.com. Our Summer Advantage Program is another energy efficiency program that allows customers to get rewarded during the warmer months by helping Entergy be more efficient. To learn more, call our Summer Advantage experts at 866-224-7812.
· Set your thermostat no lower than 78 degrees. Every degree lower can raise your bill as much as 3 percent. If you spend most of your day outside of the house, set your thermostat to automatically shut off the AC when you're away.
· Use fans to cool off because they use very little electricity to help you feel several degrees cooler. Just remember fans cool people, not rooms, so turn them off when you leave the room.
· Close blinds, shades and curtains to keep the sun out and the cool air in. Also, don't block air conditioning vents in rooms where they are needed and close them in rooms that are not in use.
· Seal cracks and holes around doors, windows and duct work. Weather stripping and caulk will help keep the cold air inside the house and the hot air outdoors. Our Home Energy Solutions Program provides you with cash incentives in the form of instant savings coupons, while also improving your indoor air quality and reducing your carbon footprint. For more information, contact the Energy Efficiency Solutions Center by calling 877-212-2420 or emailing HomeEnergySolutionsEAI@CLEAResult.com.
Customers can access more energy-saving tips and calculators at entergy.com/savemoney. While you're managing your energy use, remember all residential customers can save money and energy by pledging to use less energy than they used last year. Our free Entergy Solutions Rewards online program allows you to earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards from popular retailers like Walmart, Barnes & Noble and Chili's.
Entergy Arkansas provides electricity to approximately 700,000 customers in 63 counties. Entergy Arkansas is a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation, an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including nearly 10,000 megawatts of nuclear power, making it one of the nation's leading nuclear generators. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.8 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of more than $12 billion and approximately 13,000 employees.