News Center > Making It Through the Heat of Summer: Six Simple Ways to Get Help with High Bills
Making It Through the Heat of Summer: Six Simple Ways to Get Help with High Bills
Even when electric rates are low, if usage is high your bill probably will be, too
When it’s hot outside, we want it cool inside. But trying to keep your cool in the dog days of summer can take a chunk of change out of your pocketbook. Even though Entergy Mississippi has some of the lowest rates in the country, using a lot of electricity—which most people do in summer—can lead to high bills.
It’s best to be proactive and follow simple energy-saving tips, like setting your thermostat on 78 degrees or higher; using ceiling fans to feel cooler and insulating doors and windows.
But if it’s too late for that—at least for this month—there are ways you can get help managing your costs or even paying your bill.
Here are six ways to manage through the higher costs of keeping cool:
- Level Billing -- Entergy averages your bill over a rolling 12-month period so you have a consistent bill each month of the year. Pay about the same every month, with no surprises.
- Pick-A-Date -- Choose what day of the month you get billed to line up with your budget and manage your cash flow.
- Deferred Payment-- Talk with us about your situation and we may be able to make deferred payment arrangements. Call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749).
- Payment Extension-- Qualifying customers who need additional time to pay their bill can call our automated answering system at 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749) or request an extension through myAccount.
- Power to Care— Through Entergy's The Power to Care program, local nonprofit agencies can provide emergency bill payment assistance to seniors and disabled individuals in crisis. Find out more at entergy-mississippi.com/bill-help/.
- LIHEAP-- LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) is a program that provides money to help people with energy bills and other energy-related expenses. LIHEAP is funded through the federal government and works with the community action agencies to help customers pay for and keep electric service in their homes. For information on how to apply for assistance, call 1-800-421-0762 or visit the state Division of Community Services Web site.
If you think you’re going to need help with your power bill, don’t delay. Call Entergy’s customer service representatives at 1-800-Entergy (1-800-368-3749) to see what solution might best “fit the bill.”
And before the next bill comes, take a few simple steps to save money by being more energy-efficient: visit entergy.com/savemoney. Your wallet will thank you for it.
Entergy Mississippi, LLC provides electricity to approximately 450,000 customers in 45 counties. Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including nearly 9,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of $11 billion and nearly 13,700 employees.