News Center > Entergy Texas Monitoring Hurricane Delta
Entergy Texas Monitoring Hurricane Delta
Entergy Texas, Inc. is continuing to monitor and plan for any potential impacts from Hurricane Delta. The National Weather Service has issued Tropical Storm and Hurricane Warnings for parts of the upper Texas coast and anticipates the storm may produce heavy rains, coastal flooding and tropical storm force winds in parts of Southeast Texas.
“We remain ready to respond to impacts from Hurricane Delta, and we encourage our customers to continue to monitor storm forecasts and remain prepared,” said Stuart Barrett, vice president of customer service. “Our Entergy Storm Center is a great hub of information on storm readiness, and I encourage our customers to finalize their own personal plans.”
Hurricane Delta comes on the heels of Hurricane Laura’s landfall near Cameron, La. On Aug. 27, 2020. Hurricane Laura caused significant damage across Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana, particularly to the transmission system connecting Entergy Texas to the broader electric grid. Since Laura’s landfall, Entergy crews have worked around the clock to rebuild the majority of the transmission system that serves the region. In fact, eight of the nine transmission lines damaged in Hurricane Laura have been restored to service. This work was critical in restoring the transmission system to ensure continued reliability to Entergy Texas customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, crews will continue to practice social distancing while in the field, and Entergy asks that customers do the same. For the safety of crews and customers, please stay away from work zones. If there is a need to report a service problem, customers should call 1-800-ENTERGY.
Staying informed before, during and after a tropical system strikes is just as important as making personal storm plans. Here’s how customers can stay updated throughout the event:
- Download the Entergy App at entergy.com/app. Customers can use the app to report outages or check on the status of power at their home or business.
- Entergy’s View Outages website includes maps that show where outages are located and gives information about restoration progress.
- Sign up for text alerts by texting REG to 36778 and have your account number and ZIP code handy. The registration pattern is as follows including spaces: REG (account number) (ZIP code). Once registered, text OUT to 36778 to report an outage. You can also report an outage online as a guest.
- The Entergy Storm Center website has storm safety, preparation and restoration information that is updated throughout the day.
- Operation: Storm Ready Guide is a free downloadable guide that helps customers plan and prepare for weather emergencies.
Follow us on Social Media
Social media plays an important role in keeping customers informed, and the company places a high priority on updating its social media channels throughout an event. Customers can follow Entergy Texas on Facebook and Twitter.
Entergy Texas, Inc. provides electricity to approximately 461,000 customers in 27 counties. Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including nearly 8,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of approximately $11 billion and more than 13,600 employees.