Storm Center > Fall is here, but stay alert to tropical conditions
Fall is here, but stay alert to tropical conditions
Leaves are changing, temperatures are dropping, everything is flavored with pumpkin spice … today is officially the start of fall. But don’t let the calendar fool you: Hurricane season doesn’t officially end until Nov. 30.
Don’t wait for weather conditions to deteriorate before you prepare yourself, your family and your home for severe weather. Keep yourself and your family safe by having a personal disaster plan and an emergency kit ready year-round.
Need help developing a plan and kit? Our Storm Center has you covered. Storm Center has numerous safety resources, including:
- Get prepared: Make a plan, make a kit.
- Your mobile phone: A lifeline during a disaster.
- Stay informed: Stay storm ready.
- Stay safe: Safety after the storm.
- Generator safety: Know the hazards.
- Gas safety: Know the signs.
- Food safety: Avoid loss and risk of illness.
Staying informed before, during and after a tropical system strikes is just as important as making personal storm plans. Here’s how you can stay up to date on our preparations and restoration efforts:
- Download the Entergy app to report outages or check on the status of power at your home or business.
- Check View Outagesto see where outages are located and get information about restoration progress.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitterand Instagram.
- Sign up for text messages about storm and restoration efforts by texting REG to 36778.
- Download the Operation: Storm Ready Guide. This guide will help you plan and prepare for weather emergencies. Abbreviated versions are available in Spanishand Vietnamese.