Chris Smith came to Entergy through little league baseball. His coach worked at the company and later hired Chris as a groundman. That was 34 years ago. Since then, Chris has worked his way through the ranks as a lineworker to his current role as a senior training specialist at our Knowledge and Skills Training center in Clinton, Mississippi.
It takes courage – and curiosity – to venture down a completely new career path. That may explain why some of our engineers are flourishing in non-engineering positions. Their analytical, solution-oriented skills are helping them design their own success. During National Engineers Week, we salute them for conquering new professional territories.
Soon, the fragrant smell of magnolia blossoms and other spring flowers will be in the air. While that’s something we look forward to here in the Bayou State, it also comes with the potential for severe weather.
What would you do with an extra $2,500? Hint: Most of our low-income customers won’t be taking fancy vacations.
Entergy has once again been recognized by Black Enterprise magazine as one of its 2018 50 Best Companies for Diversity. This is the fifth consecutive year Entergy has be included on the list.
Entergy is committed to working with local educational institutions to develop a workforce that can support the continued economic development of the Gulf South region as well as support Entergy's own workforce needs. A big part of that commitment involves building and retaining a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of the communities we serve.
We’re deploying technologies that offer a wide range of benefits. We’ll use that technology to help deliver better reliability, faster response times and more information.
This hidden figure in African-American history was an electrical engineering pioneer.
As temperatures fall, some customers may turn to fuel-burning heating sources to heat their homes. While the potential threat of carbon monoxide poisoning can happen year-round, increased awareness should be given to the potential for CO poisoning during the winter months.