Insights > The 30 Moments that Lit Up Our Year
The 30 Moments that Lit Up Our Year
Lists are popular during the holiday season. Naughty or nice, holiday wishes, Oprah’s favorite things, the best songs of the year, and the lists go on! Each one requires purposeful thought. Were you really, really good this year? How can you bring someone joy? Who has influenced our culture? What have we accomplished?
As we look back at Entergy Mississippi’s year, the answers to those questions are clearly revealed in the stories we’ve shared. We’ve torn sites down, built new facilities, saved customers money, highlighted our superheroes, prepared ourselves and helped you prepare for storms, celebrated milestones and supported our communities. Whew! That’s a lot…and there’s more! If our favorite moments of 2018 were a list of gifts we love to give, here’s what would be on it:
You may have heard, we’re building the utility of the future. We made a lot of progress toward that this year by investing in infrastructure and other ways that will help us get there.
- Public Service Commission, Entergy Mississippi, C Spire team up to tackle rural “digital divide”
- Not Your Father’s Electric Company…How Entergy Mississippi is Building the Utility of the Future
- Hire Mississippi: Working to Provide Opportunities for Growth
- Entergy Mississippi, Inc. Opens $20-Million Distribution Operations Center
- Meadville Circuit Latest Target in Billion-Dollar Grid Mod Effort
- Entergy Mississippi Continues to Modernize its Generating Fleet
- Entergy Mississippi, Recurrent Energy Partner on Sunflower Solar Site
- Entergy Mississippi Nears Installation of Advanced Electric Meters
People are at the heart of what we do. We have some amazing employees that work hard behind the scenes and in the field to help power life for our customers and our communities.
- Power Principle: A Conversation with Jody Steen
- Terry Clark Receives Presidential Life-Saving Award for Heroic Rescue
- Here’s how #WePowerLife when it’s National Lineworker Appreciation Day AND Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day: we #EatMorChickn
- Power Principle: A Conversation with Glenn Isom
- Attala Plant Welcomes Victor to County’s Crime-Fighting Team
- Help is on the Way! Entergy Mississippi Sending Crews to South Carolina
- Team Spirit Lands Nick Parker Entergy’s Lineman of the Game Honor
- East bound and out! Loaded up and truckin…Some 125 Entergy and contractor linemen and support staff left Jackson in a convoy this morning headed for west Florida to help Gulf Power Company customers get their lights back on. #WePowerLife #HurricaneStrong #HurricaneMichael
- Electricity is in Their DNA
- Power Principle: A Safety Conversation with Courtney Patrick
Cold Hard Cash and Save-ory Treats
Giving back is important to us. That means supporting initiatives that make our communities a better place to live and work and helping customers save money on their bills.
- Entergy Charitable Foundation Awards $68,500 to Mississippi Organizations
- Entergy Mississippi Helps Families get Greener Returns During Super Tax Day
- ‘Mississippi’s Central Park’ Gets Green to Go Green
- Entergy Mississippi Celebrates 95 Years with 2 Mississippi Museums Gift
- Ten Mississippi Counties Win Excellerator Grants from Entergy Mississippi, Inc.
- Entergy Mississippi, Inc. to Return Millions in Tax Savings to Customers
- Chill Your Bill: Don’t Sweat the Heat with These Tips
- Entergy Powers Mississippi Communities with $52,000 in Grants
- Entergy Powers Life in Mississippi with $2.2M and Volunteerism
Our work is dangerous and we want all our people to go home every day the same way they came to work. We also want to help customers stay safe too.
- Entergy Mississippi is Ready for Spring Storm Season---Are You?
- Scammers Impersonate Entergy, Target Customers
- Hurricane Season: It's Not Just a Coastal Issue
- Entergy Mississippi is Ready to Respond to Tropical Storm Gordon
- Entergy Mississippi Offers Tips for Holiday Lighting Safety
These are the moments that lit up our year. We hope they helped brighten your year, too. And, if you’re working on that other traditional list of the season – New Year’s resolutions – we can help, especially if you’re plan is to save money, conserve energy or finally get your emergency preparedness plan together! Drop by our newsroom, Facebook and Twitter throughout the year for tips on these topics and much more.